- How did my year begin?
- What did I expect to happen this year? Were my expectations met?
- What surprised me this year?
- What disappointed me this year?
- If I could do anything over, what would I choose?
- How was my academic performance? What are my strengths and weaknesses?
- How might I address these weaknesses?
- What have I learned this year? Academically? Personally?
- What resolutions did I make last year?
- If I did not keep my resolutions, why?
- Did my experiences this year match my expectations?
- What surprised me? Disappointed?
- If I could do anything over, what would I choose? What would I do differently?
The New Year
- How will this year be different from last year?
- In what ways do I expect this year to be similar as last?
- What challenges do I expect to face this year?
- How might I best prepare for the challenges that I expect to face?
- What do I hope to improve in my life?
- What are my strengths?
- Considering my physical health, what are my strengths? Weaknesses?
- Considering my mental health, my state of mind, what are my strengths? Weaknesses?
- Considering my social network and social life, what are my strengths? What areas are in need of improvement?
- Of all the possibilities, what 2 or 3 areas do I wish to improve?
- What specifically will I improve for each? For each area, how will I mark change?
New year's resolutions and plans for change begin with a self evaluation. Take a moment to consider where you’ve been and where you would like to go.