Getting into a Sport Psychology Graduate Program
Unlike other areas of psychology, sport psychology programs are interested in applicants' experience in sport. Granted, applicants must meet basic requirements (e.g., academic excellence as indicated by GPA and GRE scores), but breadth and depth of experience in sport is an asset.
The standard components of a graduate school application also hold for sport psychology programs:
- GRE Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Admissions Essays (here's where you discuss your burning desire to contribute to the knowledge base of how to enhance performance in sport!)
- The standard information about applying to graduate programs in psychology also applies
- Before you apply consider whether graduate school is right for you, and carefully consider the merits of various graduate programs
- Check out these links to graduate programs in sport psychology.