The Bottom Line
Essential resource for psychology students that emphasizes how to excel in college and afterwards. Learn about careers in psychology, how to find a job after graduation, and get into grad school.
- Helps you to take an active role in your education
- Learn about psychology graduate school admission
- Learn about careers in psychology
- Limited to the field of psychology
- How to learn about your interests, determine if psychology is for you, and learn about yourself
- Tips for managing your time, studying, effective reading, note-taking, and test-taking
- See how to conduct literature reviews and write APA Style reviews and empirical papers
- Learn about what you can do with a bachelor's degree in psychology
- Learn how to find a job with your bachelor's degree
- Learn about what you can do with a graduate degree in psychology
- Learn how to apply to graduate school
Guide Review - The Psychology Major's Handbook
The Psychology Major's Handbook walks students through the college years, from Introductory Psychology to graduation and beyond. Early chapters introduce the scope of psychology, address the challenge of choosing a college major, and discuss how to identify your skills, interests, and abilities to choose a college major. Later chapters emphasize how to take an active role in your education, develop relationships with faculty, get research and field experience, and enhance study and writing skills specific to psychology courses. The chapters are most helpful, as they examine career options for psychology majors, how to get a job after graduation, career options at the graduate level, and how to get into graduate school in psychology.